Monday 30 January 2017

Does Height Matter Pt 2?

I want to make this process as scientific as possible so after feedback from another user I have rerun the testing with a LW. Part 1 can be found here.

Hypothesis and method are the same as part 1.

Results and Analysis

Source Data (Excel)

Once again the data doesn't vary with Skytrak height. However, with a high launching club and the Skytrak in a low position the cameras must miss some/all of the ball flight. Of my 10 test shots the only one which registered was a thin. It failed to detect all other shots.

When I originally tested with a 7 iron I was looking for variance in the data produced (e.g. launch angle, spin etc) and I did not see this at any stage. Nor do I see evidence of this in the LW data.

I think based on this it is possible to predict that a low launching club (e.g. 3W) could suffer non-reads if the Skytrak was too high. To run this test I need to be brave enough to swing a 3W in my garage!

Guidance:
Based on the above and previous experiment I think it is possible to make the following recommendations:
  1. If you suffer non-reads with a lofted club the Skytrak is probably too low. Raise the Skytrak by 25mm and try again.
  2. If you suffer non-reads with a low-lofted club the Skytrak is probably too high. Lower the Skytrak by 25mm and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.