Friday 1 June 2018

Gamegolf vs MyRoundPro vs Shotscope V2 Part 4

Continuation from part 3


Putting

MRP displays putting stats well. 1 screen showing make % at the top and the number of putts per round in each distance category. Below this is SG data which can be broken down per round or per shot. This is probably the most useful screen in the app. For the round in this analysis I lost 2 shots in the 10-15' range (a consistent trend for me). My SG was +ve in the 0-3' range and in the >30' range.

Avg putts per hole seems almost useless to me. However, I noticed last year my 3 putt percentage was higher than my handicap peer group. I worked on my tempo to improve distance control (with the excellent Blast Motion) and I now average 1x 3 putt per 18 holes which is better than my handicap benchmark (source). Having said that I needed the MRP data to see it was >30' putts where I was losing most SG. This chart is ok but it is coarse, crude and dated compared to MRP.
SS has a number of detailed charts on a single page. The first few lines show the same data as GG but it then gets interesting. It shows the average length of putt holed along with the longest putt holed (would be nice to see total ft holed). The 'never up never in chart' could be really interesting but it is currently wrong (for me at least). Because I recorded my putting distances I know I only left 4/26 putts short (15%) but the chart is showing 78%!

Make % is very useful, but it needs some kind of benchmarking for context.

 SS appears to work on a minimum granularity of 2' for putting, but the above chart shows resulting proximity grouped by starting distance. Very useful information but benchmarking data is needed.
Avg shots to finish should be analogous to SG but it is again missing the benchmarking inherent to SG. 


Conclusion to follow in part 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.