Wednesday 27 June 2018

Gamegolf vs MyRoundPro vs Shotscope V2 Part 5

Continuation from part 4.

Conclusion

MRP has the most useful (actionable) stats, but I don't want to use a mobile phone when playing golf, I don't want to edit post round on a mobile phone and the support is non-existent.

GG is easy to use and relatively unobtrusive once you get used to tagging shots. However, its stats are massively outdated and the product looks like it needs to be reimagined. Support is decent but the product isn't evolving rapidly enough to keep pace with competitors.

SS is in a different league from a play perspective, no interaction with the device until you have holed out. The editor is pretty good and the stats have the potential to equal those from MRP (and possibly surpass them). Support is excellent and development appears rapid.

I started my shot tracking journey with MRP and the microsoft band 2 when it was released. The support (lack of) frustrated me massively and I switched to GG. GG just worked and I used it for a long period of time. However, I found myself manually copying the data into MRP to get decent stats and to target my practise. Since getting SS a couple of months ago I haven't been back into MRP or GG. I would like strokes gained data in addition to its comprehensive analysis but its tracking is best of breed, it is accurate, support is excellent and the product is being actively developed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviews and breakdowns of each device. I have used GG in the past, as well as Strokesgainedgolf.com. I liked the graphics on GG, but like you said the data was really lacking. SGG was really just data, but it had strokes gain per shot.

    Are there other good stroke gained data software available?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.